I am always looking for flavorful ways to get veggies on the plate. This easy hash is a wonderful pairing with beef, pork, or chicken. The salt of the bacon paired with the sweet hits of Calicutts Vermont Maple, seasonal apples, and sweet potatoes, makes this the perfect pairing for a fried egg or two the morning after as well.
Vermont Maple Hash
- 4 Slices Bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Apples, diced
- 1 C Chicken broth
3 Tbsp Calicutts Vermont Maple Spice Blend
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat and set aside, reserving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onion, sweet potato, garlic, apples, and brussels sprouts and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon while the broth sizzles.
- Add the bacon and Vermont Maple (sometimes I like to add dried cranberries too) and cook until the broth soaks in, about 2-3 minutes.