At our house, quick and easy is always the ticket for a weeknight meal. The flavors of Calicutts Mediterranean Spice Blend – garlic, herbs, lemon, and sundried tomato – are the perfect complement to the shrimp, vegetables, and pasta of this dish. And don’t forget the rich and salty flavor of the Parmesan cheese for on top. For me it is the flavor and texture, but either way, this dish fulfills all of my pasta cravings!
Mediterranean Pasta with Shrimp
1 lb Shrimp , fresh, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- 2 C Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 C Spinach, fresh
- 1 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Mediterranean Spice Blend, divided
- 10 oz Fettuccine pasta
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated, for serving
- In a large sauce pot or pasta pot, boil water seasoned with olive oil and kosher salt. While the water boils, heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil, until melted.
- Add fresh shrimp and 1 Tbsp Mediterranean Spice Blend to large skillet. Make sure the shrimp is not crowded. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on the other side. To the skillet with shrimp, add chopped fresh tomatoes and cooked spinach. Mix everything well, remove from heat while you cook pasta.
- In the meantime, cook fresh pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent pasta from cooking and getting mushy. Add cooked pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 2 Tbsp of butter and remaining 1 Tbsp of Mediterranean Spice Blend.
- Warm up on medium heat until the shrimp is cooked through, and all ingredients are heated through. To serve, top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.