Butternut squash are finally back in season and we are so excited to serve up this recipe. Filled with the sweetness of carrots, apples, honey, and Calicutts Sweet Curry Powder and paired with the creaminess of coconut milk, butternut squash has never tasted so amazing.
Sweet Curry Powder Butternut Squash Soup
7-8 C Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 Yellow onion
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Calicutts Sweet Curry Powder
- 1/2 C Apple juice
- 1/2 C Water
- 6 oz Coconut milk
- 2 C Vegetable broth
- 1/2 C Pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- Parsley, to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the ends off the butternut squash and peel. Slice in half vertically and spoon out the seeds and membrane. Then, cube butternut squash into 1/2 in cubes. Quarter the yellow onion, removing the outer skin. Peel garlic clove. Peel carrots and cut into 1/2 inch wide slices.
- Combine melted butter, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, and Sweet Curry Powder. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place squash, onion, carrots and garlic on it. Drizzle butter curry mix over all vegetables on baking sheet and toss until everything is coated. Place in oven and cook for about 30 minutes. When done, remove and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked and cooled, spoon vegetables into blender and blend with apple juice and 1 cup of vegetable broth. Pour into a large saucepan on medium heat. Add pumpkin puree, remaining vegetable stock, water, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve. Top with Salt & Pepper and/or fresh chopped parsley.