My produce shopping is always filled with tomatoes and basil. You simply can’t go wrong. This simple Panzanella salad is a great spin on a Caprese salad with the perfect seasoning – a blend of peppercorns and roasted bell peppers found in Calicutts Everyday Spice Blend – to really make the natural sweetness of the produce pop.
Everyday Panzanella Salad
- 8 oz. Ciabatta or baguette, preferably stale, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 C Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Tomatoes (heirloom, cherry tomatoes, or a mix of both), halved or cubed
- 1/3 C Basil leaves, plus more for garnish, fresh and chopped
- 6 oz Burrata cheese, torn
- 1/4 C Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp Calicutts Everyday Spice Blend
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Spread bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt; toss to coat.
Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
While bread toasts, prepare Panzanella Dressing by combining all ingredients in a large serving bowl; stir with a whisk. Add red onion and let sit for 10 minutes.
Add toasted bread, tomatoes, and basil to bowl with dressing; toss to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Garnish with cheese and additional basil, if desired, right before serving.