- Heavy Whipping Cream (2 cups)
- Egg Yolks, large (5)
- Granulated Sugar (0.5 cup)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (0.25 cup)
- Calicutts' Espresso Sugar (0.25 cup)
- Shaved Chocolate and Berries for topping
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and half of the sugar together until a light and fluffy yellow. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine heavy whipping cream and remaining sugar. Whisk together until it begins to lightly bubble, not boil. Gradually stir in the chocolate chips and keep whisking on low heat until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove from eat.
- Allow chocolate and cream mixture to cool for about a minute. Slowly pour chocolate and cream mixture into eggs, quickly whisking continuously to temper the eggs. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Evenly distribute mixture into small ramekins being careful not to overfill. Place the ramekins into a 9x13" baking dish. Fill the with warm water until it comes up about half way to two-thirds on the ramekin. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes until the creme has set.
- Remove from oven. Remove ramekins from water and cover with Saran Wrap. Place in refridgerator for at least an hour to completely chill.
- Once chilled, remove from refridgerator and sprinkle tops with a spoonful of Espresso Sugar. Using a food torch, heat the sugar until it crystalizes. If you don't have a torch, place ramekins on a baking sheet and place on the top shelf of your oven under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Top with chocolate shavings and berries. Enjoy!