I made these a few weeks ago, and I think my family has found their new chicken wing favorite. This recipe is so easy and keeps the boys’ hands busy snacking. Tossed in a warm honey and apple cider glaze flavored with Calicutts Ethiopian Berbere, you have the perfect blend of sweet, sour, and spice.
Ethiopian Berbere Honey Chicken Wings
- 2lbs Chicken wings, pat dry
1/2 tsp Calicutts Salt & Pepper Blend
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
3 Tbsp Calicutts Ethiopian Berbere Spice Blend
- 1/2 C Honey
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C Mayonnaise
- 1/4 C Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Chives, fresh cut
- Salt, to taste
For the Wings
For the Glaze
For the Dip
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, coat the chicken wings with Salt & Pepper Blend and olive oil. On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, arrange the wings, skin side down. Bake for 30 minutes, turn and back for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Drain and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk together all ingredients for the dip, except for the chives. When whipped, sprinkle chives on top. Set aside.
- Make the glaze in a small pot over medium-low heat. Warm the vinegar and honey until the honey becomes runny. Whisk in Ethiopian Berbere and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Pour over wings and toss.